Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Cladophora – Botulism

Cladophora – Botulism

On Good Harbor Bay in Lake Michigan the cladophora is choking the water. Killing the fish. I look out at the dead fish, dead birds and the floating plastic bags in the water. I have walked for a mile in this direction and not seen a single person, yet mankind has managed to impact every frame of sight. Even the jet trails across the blue sky. I guess it could be comforting to know you’re not alone. Still afraid that this may be the last time I can walk so far without seeing anyone here. The cladophora held another hope as it was now only 45 degrees out. Once the sun comes out for a month it will cook and fry and make for some odiferous conditions not fit for swimming. I can imagine this misanthrope learning to love the cladophora before other people. She had it as I was leaving, I hoped to escape without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment